Individual Effort for the Community
The community combines individual efforts to achieve larger goals faster and more ambitiously.
Your Current Community Starts with Five
- Motivational speaker Jim Rohn famously said that we are the average of the five people we spend the most time with.
- This relates to the law of averages, which is the theory that the result of any given situation will be the average of all outcomes.
- When it comes to relationships, we are greatly influenced by those closest to us. It affects our way of thinking, our self-esteem, and our decisions.
- Don’t bother to change those closest to you, find those with a similar vision, and then lead by example.
These 5 are Your Brand Ambassadors
- They are the people who you can count on for the long-run.
- They create the social validation around your vision.
- Also, they are the people who you give responsibility to and make sure they’re always happy.
- They help you hone your mission statement and define your unique selling proposition.
- And they are you.
Great TED Talks to Watch
Why community solves addiction:
Importance of leading tribes:
We need to justify our vision with brand ambassadors:
It’s vital to become a purple cow, but we need others to become purple cows, too:
Future of Communities
- Evolved communication allows you to create hyper-relevant communities faster.
- Platforms have slowly evolved to facilitate the advancement in communication.
- Meetup and website membership software is hard to use and has no social aspect. People don’t bother to show up.
- Facebook solves these problems by bringing the social aspect back to communities.
Interaction on a Large Scale
- Leaders don’t have infinite time.
- They want to communicate with everyone at once.
- Solve a problem for many customers with a single sentence.
- Communicating individually is not cost-effective when the communities begin expanding rapidly.
Pain Point Solved
- Mix social with mass communication = holding live Hangouts on Facebook.
- Advanced targeted ads, Facebook notifications, and email marketing ensure attendance on for Facebook live Hangouts.
- Commenting and replying allows for interaction and a stronger social aspect in multiple areas.
Ask yourself: What do people value?
- A sense of belonging is a human need, just like the need for food and shelter. Feeling that you belong is most important in seeing the value in life and in coping with intensely painful emotions.
- A sense of belonging improves your motivation, health, and happiness. When you see your connection to others, you know that all people struggle and have difficult times. You are not alone. There is comfort in that knowledge.
Read more here: psychologytoday.com/blog/pieces-mind/201403/create-sense-belonging
Your first goal: get 1000 true members
A True Fan is defined as someone who will purchase anything and everything you produce. They will drive 200 miles to see you sing. They will buy the super deluxe re-issued hi-res box set of your stuff even though they have the low-res version. Also, they have a Google Alert set for your name. Further, they bookmark the eBay page where your out-of-print editions show up. They come to your openings and they have you sign their copies. Also, they buy the t-shirt, and the mug, and the hat. So they can’t wait till you issue your next work. They are true fans.
Read more here: kk.org/thetechnium/1000-true-fans/