It Starts With Perception
- Nick Unsworth’s speech about his success
- Create a perception.
- Capitalize on perception.
- Facilitate the movement to become a leader
- Shared vision.
- Source of revenue.
- Started San Diego Digital Marketing Experts Meetup.
- Took over a 600-person Meetup.
- Held events on a weekly basis.
- Met over 100 people in my niche in just a month.
- Gave speeches to improve my credibility.
What Did I Do?
Spent a month guest posting. Rejected by over a hundred publications, but still, thirteen said “Yes.”
Now I can do stuff like this...
Improving Your Writing
Write. Publish. Repeat.
The Elements of Style
(Free) Chrome extension
Tips by Pat Flynn on Writing Content & Books
(Free) Compressing Images
(Free) Transferring different file formats
How to Guest Post
Make sure your posts are INCREDIBLE. I can’t stress this enough. Use your knowledge of copy and transfer it into article writing.
Below is a fantastic guide to guest posting by Neil Patel co-founder of Crazy Egg and Hello Bar. After following this guide, I quickly landed articles on top publications.
When Sending an Email to a Publication
Template for reaching out to publications:
- Leverage past work
- Great articles work as leverage for better publications
- Start with three on your personal blog
I Can Also Do Stuff Like This
Note: If you don’t have logos of companies you worked with, then help some companies out for free. It’s that simple.
How To Create A Great Logo Strip
- Find logos via Google image search
- Copy and paste them into a Google Slide
- Arrange them in an appealing strip
- Use a free screenshot Chrome extension like Lightshot or Nimbus Screenshot to capture the strip, then save it as a PNG.
Created an eBook
- Expert perception
- Easy to make
- Easy to access
Make sure the content is relevant to the material you’re selling. Make sure to check it over several times for grammar mistakes. If you need a proofreader, then I suggest Fiverr.
I worked hard to make my eBook filled with great content and lengthy. After linking the book up online, I started being referred to as an author of a digital marketing book. My book is not even on Amazon…
The How-To for eBooks
- Use statistics
- It can be anywhere from 5 - 100 pages
- Use great stock photos or personal photos
- Put links in your eBook to different upsells
- Make sure it’s niche specific and solves a problem
Use a Google Drive, Dropbox, or Amazon S3 link for people to access it.
Start an Organization
- Started San Diego Digital Marketing Experts and took over a Meetup with 600+ members. Did everything in my power to grow the organization and create an incredible community. Fortunately, years of experience gave me the know-how.
- With my tactics, you can do the same.
- When I network, I introduce myself as the President of San Diego Digital Marketing Experts and the creator of one of the first Facebook digital courses. Makes a HUGE difference.
- Changed the title on my business card, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Now people wait in line to talk to me.
Uploaded Pictures of Success
Had pictures taken of me speaking at events and with influencers. When the opportunity was there, I made sure to take pictures.
Pictures like these are easy to take if you go to networking events and regularly reach out to influencers in your community.
Have a Great Profile and Cover Photos Taken
I’m not photogenic, but a $50 photographer and 3 hours can make me look extremely good.
Pick a specific niche and become an expert
- You’re an expert if you know more than someone else in a particular niche.
- I chose 22Social software and became an expert in it. Took me two months of implementing the software using different methods.
- I confidently know more than people in one aspect of digital marketing. Through that, I gain respect, credibility, and followers.